Monday, March 12, 2007

Sorting Photos

We've arrived back in Texas and are visiting Henry's parents in Amarillo. I've started trying to organize the photos I took these last couple of months. I'm doing some sorts right now to show Henry's parents the kinds of photos I've been taking. In the process I found a few rolls that I had not backed up.

I did a tally this morning . . . it looks like I took 16,947 photos. Two weeks in Crescent City, 5 days at Westport on the Mendocino Coast, a week or so in San Francisco, 3 days in San Simeon, 5 days at La Jolla and another 3 days in San Diego. I've read somewhere about how many shutter clicks a given camera has . . . I'm now at almost 27,000 clicks on my 5D. I think you can replace the shutter mechanism . . . but I'm not ready to switch cameras yet.

In going through the photos i find that while some sequences I remember well, I am finding some other "goodies" that I had totally forgotten. For example,


the evening shots at Castle Rock NWR where the cackling geese were coming in for the night












also had some beautiful after sunset blue beach shots.


Right now I'm sorting to try to remember what I've got and to do some presentations for the family here in Amarillo. When I get home, I'll be sorting and processing images in earnest. I'm hoping to enter three big competitions this spring: The Shell Wildlife Photographer of the Year Contest, The Nature's Best Photography Windland Smith Rice International Awards, and The Loweprow & Outdoor Photographer Vanishing Treasures Photo Contest.

As always my goal is just to place so my work will be shown, but the prize for the Vanishing Treasures Photo Contest is a trip to Churchill to see the polar bears. I can dream, can't I?

No comments: