Thursday, September 18, 2008

The WaterBOB

I've been trying to follow Laura Elder's BuzzBlog. She is a reporter with the Galveston County Daily News. She mentioned a device that I think people who live in areas that can get hit with extended power outages and loss of water seriously ought to consider, the WaterBOB. This device stores neatly and compactly in your kitchen cabinet. When an emergency threatens such as the Hurricane Ike that just went through, you pull it out, unfold it, and put it in your bath tub. They say it takes about 20 minutes to fill with water, but I suspect I would be sure to allow plenty of time to fill it before I might need it. It holds 100 gallons of water in a plastic container that is FDA approved for food. It comes with a handy hand pump. You don't want to be using your bottled water for flushing - way expensive. The WaterBOB seems to me to be a better way to store vital water rather than open in a tub or tubbies. It won't solve the problem of what the city will do with the raw sewage when it goes to the treatment plants that have no electricity, but it will help you keep the toilets flushed until service is restored.

No comments: