Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Polar Bears


Our legs were getting tired and sore. (yes . . . I've said that before - forgive the whining - sometimes I don't think we act grown up when we are hot, tired and sore.) The camera equipment felt like it had gained 30 pounds. But we kept going. Back at the bottom we waited for our first express bus ride back up.

I noticed a blue heron - certainly a visitor to the zoo, also - in a favorable spot to photograph. One of the shots of him is one of the best of the day. Our next stop was near a dipping dots salesman. Super cold, especially delicious, they provided energy to walk slightly up hill to the polar bears.

Earlier in the day we had seen two of the polar bears from the bus - frolicking in the water. By late afternoon, one of them was sound asleep by the wall - our vantage point showed us his huge feet. But I did get a few shots from his buddy. But I had just moved my camera, when the hidden treat was found. Not great shots, but better than some others during the day.

Decision time - climb up the short hill to catch the bus - or go down the longer way. Down - no brainer.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Those are beautiful, I am glad that you are getting to take some great pictures.