Monday, June 11, 2007

Highlights & Baby Grizzlies

We get up and out early . . . we come home at dark (10:00 P.M.). Internet is sometimes slow . . . And sometimes blogger does not want to load photos. I have more subjects to blog about here in Yellowstone than there is time to write it, prepare the photos and post it . . . Frustrating because there are so many wonderful things to see and experience here.

So I'm going to post today without photos because I need to get to bed soon because I have a new grizzly mom and cub to watch in the morning (or at least try for).

Today's best:

Missed a grizzly jam
Saw a grizzly and cub - way way far away - little spots on the mountain
Saw redtail hawk mom and babies on her nest
osprey nest with sitting mom
big horn sheep
peregrin falcon nest with 3 babies
mountain goats high on the mountain - just small dots of white, but definitely mountain goats
injured great gray owl (great photos, but put a damper for a little while. Hopefully he is going to Gardiner for rehabilitation and perhaps will live to either be released or for education.)
Carcass - really just a skeleton left . . . but it was killed within the last 24 hours. WOW how fast it was consumed.
Black bear working his way up the valley - close, great sighting, pictures not practical
Finally got to see the grizzly mom and the 2 cubs at Mount Washburn . . . and close up! No great photos, but since I had heard so much about this set and they were SO SO SO CUTE, I felt like I was in heaven when I got to see them so close up.
Saw elk running from something into the water and then they frolicked. Never saw what spooked them.
Saw the grizzly mom and cub that we just missed this morning in Hayden Valley - gotta get up early tomorrow to try to see them!

The best part of this trip has been seeing all the babies.

Eventually I'll be setting up a Yellowstone Page on my website. But it is impossible for me to work photos when there is so much to photograph. So for those of you wanting to see some of my treasured shots, be patient. If you got one of my cards and have a special interest in one of the things we both saw, please send me an email so I can be sure you get to see what I got.

'Night!

No comments: