Friday, May 22, 2009

Los Madrones Birds

I took some time and went over to Mike Murphy's Los Madrones Ranch. He has a cute Casita designed for photographers and nature lovers to spend the night. He has set up a number of blinds across his 400 acre ranch with feeders and water features designed to attract birds and other wildlife. I spent Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday morning photographing birds at three of his blinds.

The western scrub jay swoops in to steal peanuts. After the peanuts are gone, it goes after the wonderful bark butter.



This is only the second place I've been fortunate to see the rufous crowned sparrow. I was so pleased to have an opportunity to get photographs this time.



I saw the lark sparrow last year at Pedernales Falls State Park. I had much better luck photographing it at Mike's place - no glass between my lens and the sparrow!



I have white winged doves at my house, but I thought they were cute as they were eating seed behind this log and poking up their heads at the same time.

No comments: