Thursday, April 05, 2007

More thoughts for the day

I ran across this quote today. I would love to live this ideal life. I would love it if everyone that came into contact with me left better and happier. Will that always be possible . . . perhaps not. But I think that finding quotes like this . . . and using them to inspire us to live our lives on a higher plane - brings a richness to our lives. While I am human, and often fail to reach my lofty ambitions, I still think it is better to strive for growth in my spiritual nature, even when I fall short due to my human frailties.

Another quote from Mother Teresa:

Spread love everywhere you go: first of all in your own house. Give love to your children, to your wife or husband, to a next door neighbor... Let no one ever come to you without leaving better and happier. Be the living expression of God's kindness; kindness in your face, kindness in your eyes, kindness in your smile, kindness in your warm greeting.

No comments: