Sunday, April 29, 2007

A Church Home

We had the blessing of taking both my inlaws in to church this morning. Due to ill health and the natural concerns about getting out in cold weather, they had not been going as regularly as they did in the past. But what a greeting they received this morning. As people saw them, they came from all over the auditorium to greet them literally with hugs and kisses. As she visited with her friends, my mother-in-law's face was the brightest and happiest I've seen it in a long time.

Having lived a long life, we've had several church homes, but I have permanent friends from all of them. These are people that you can go years without seeing and pick up right where you left off. These are people who are there for you when times are rough. And it is reciprocal, we are there for them when life's storm clouds hit.

Most of my closest friends come from the congregations we've been apart of. They are priceless in my life.

No comments: