Saturday, March 07, 2009

Our first full day in Colorado brought a winter snowstorm. We drove up from Durango toward Silverton and Ouray. I continued trying to play with different types of landscapes with the in camera motion.

I continue to be amazed at the different effects that show up.

Would you say watercolor????



My husband wanted me to experiement with the road signs, both the hairpin turn warnings and avalanche warning signs.
This sign is next to one of the newer mines just north of Silverton. I loved the abstract, charcoal look that showed up here.



I like this one because of the way the zoom action draws your eye to the center trunks. But if I use my imaginations, something is lurking here:





The other effect that sometimes shows up in the images are a natural texture. I am eager to print this one on canvas.



These images are available for viewing in larger versions and for purchase at Mary Ann's View Nature Photography website.

No comments: