Friday, February 01, 2008

A Special Treat for your eyes

I started reading Julie Zickefoose's blog after last year's Festival of the Cranes at the Bosque del Apache National Wildlife Refuge. She is a talented artist, a musician, and a great speaker. I find her blog interesting because we get a glimpse of her family life, wonderful birds and plants, and sometimes her art. This week she ran a series on a painting that she just did. This series is worth reading and enjoying for several reasons. For one thing, you get to see how a beautiful water color painting is done. For another, the birds she painted are beautiful.

So, go on over . . . enjoy the story behind that beautiful painting.

1 comment:

Julie Zickefoose said...

Mary Ann. Bloggin' at midnight. Thanks for the shoutout! I'd love to blog about painting these things in real time but often the clients don't want their display (magazine cover, commissioned gift) revealed, so I have to wait awhile. It's such fun for me to see the painting unfold (especially when I know it turned out OK!) That's the other advantage to waiting.
68% addicted...hmmm.
Best wishes,

Julie Zickefoose