Thursday, May 17, 2007

Christian Writer's Conference -Arrival

Even though we were camped not far from the YMCA of the Rockies Location, I still had the raggedy beginning feel as I arrived for the conference. I had taken time to get out in the early morning sunshine and do a last run through Rocky Mountain National Park. I was fortunate to find 2 coyotes our for their morning hunt. I headed out to Endovalley to sit at a picnic table, hoping for bird photos. God provide a small gray squirrel. I had time to do my Bible time and prayer time in between trying to get photos of the squirrel as he rapidly ate the pinecones. I got back to the RV in time to do some last minute changes to my website in preparation for what I am hoping will be new visitors. It was time to check out of the campsite, so we drove over to the parking lot of a restaurant for me to do my shower and getting dressed. I was able to get to the conference center 1 1/2 hours before my first event. That gave me time to run around and figure out where everything was, to get checked in both to my room and to get my conference materials, to get my stuff to my room, and to be early for my first meeting. Even though i felt harried, I was actually early which felt good.

No comments: