Sunday, January 21, 2007

NANPA - The Law for Photographers

Saturday morning I attended the breakout session "The Law for Photographers" by Carolyn Wright. She delivered an amazing amount of information in a very short period of time. I have gone to her blog, Photo Attorney, and I've read all the posts.

Since you can read her blog and get most of the information direct from "the horse's mouth" - I'll just say that the thing that impacts me the most is the need to get all my photos registered with the copyright office. Most of the photos that I have posted on the web or displayed, I will register in the year I first posted them. "Published photos" can be registered in a group by the year you published them. Unpublished photos can be registered in one big group. It may take me awhile, but this is something I need to do.

Other topics of interest to photographers:

When do you need a property release?

When do you need a model release?

What is the truth about photographing the National Parks?

No comments: