Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Mundane Things

I head out for New York City this time next week. I knew when I got home in July that I had a limited amount of time to get a lot done. Now I have a week to finish the most important tasks. While I have gotten a lot done the last two and one half months, there is still a lot undone on my to do lists.

Today needs to be a mundane day - going through mail, filing, throwing away, paying bills and doing paperwork that I have procrastinated on. I find myself wanting to work on the photography projects that also need to be done before I leave. I also find myself sitting at the computer trying to psyche myself up to get started on them. Sometimes it is hard to stay focused on the necessary, tedious, mundane tasks. The other facet of these mundane tasks is how easy it is to get the bulk of a task done, but not truly "finish" it.

This morning I asked God to help me get this set of paperwork tasks done. The undone paperwork hangs over my head and weighs me down. While I know I won't finish all of the backlog of paperwork things today - there are several paperwork tasks that really must be done before we head out for our next set of adventures. I've asked God to help me stay on target and finish these. And, hopefully, I'll get the photography tasks finished as well.

No comments: