Thursday, January 08, 2009

Special Events

Today I got to give a presentation at my friend, Jane's PEO club. Someone thought up a very nice theme for their year - based on Donna Reed's 1950's TV show where she always wore her pearls. My talk was about putting on pearls that reflect our inner spirit - and finding those in nature. I'll be blogging some of my talk because I hope it is worth sharing here.

But getting up and making a presentation is a lot of fun for me. I always enjoyed teaching Ladies' Bible Class as well as being part of that group when I was just a member of the class. It is especially pleasing when you learn at the end that what you said has connected with your audience. I had printed some of my photos to share with the group as I told my stories. I had enough so that every lady could leave with one. It amazed me that several of the ladies found a photo that had a special connection for them.

My friend has been part of this group for a long time, and these ladies are very special to her. I'm glad I got to meet them. I was also glad to get to do the presentation. One of my long term goals is to be a motivational speaker. So today was very special to me . . . very special indeed. I hope God will send some other opportunities like this in my direction.

No comments: