Saturday, June 21, 2008

Photo Contests

Several years back one of the photo reviewers recommend that I start entering the large, prestigious photo contests. So each year I pick out what I think are my best images and submit to contests like the Shell BBC Wildlife Photographer of the Year and the Nature's Best Windland Smith Rice International Awards. The first couple of years my photos did not succeed. However, the last couple of years, they at least made it up the ladder to semi-finalist or finalist rounds.

I was recently notified by the BBC Contest that while my photos had "not succeeded" that I could log in and check on their website to see if any had made it to semi-final or finalist levels. I was pleased that three of them did make the semi-finalist level. You can see them on website.

One of these days . . . one of these days . . . I hope to make the exhibition. I'll keep trying.

No comments: