Sunday, June 15, 2008

Mount Evans - Sunday

I'm going to be posting things "out of order." After the Regional Event we checked out of our hotel and headed over to a different hotel in Idaho Springs. I can't say that my photos today are "great." But I enjoyed identifying the American Pipet.



I had a lot of fun with this marmot:



Another marmot peaked its head over the rock to check on things:



As we were driving down the mountain, we noticed several cars stopped and were thrilled to see a herd of mountain goats. I counted at least 12. I got to watch a lone billy cross the road. It was fun to watch him jump out of the snowbank. My camera was pointed up the mountain so I missed that shot.

The lighting was not great, but I had fun taking the shots of the goats. Here is one of the better ones - cropped down:

No comments: