Thursday, June 12, 2008

Early Morning Wakeup

We got into Evergreen, Colorado this afternoon. I'm here for the North American Nature Photographer's Colorado Regional Summit, "The Alpine World of the Colorado Rockies."

Tomorrow I'll be going with Craig Lewis to the top of Mount Goliath to photograph the bristlecone pines. We are driving away from the hotel at 4:30 in the morning to be at the top of the mountain before sunrise. My wakeup call comes at 3:00 in the morning.

I've brought long sleeved t-shirts, my wool sweater, corduroy pants, wool socks, gloves, and my wool hat. I got off without my winter coat, but I borrowed a jacket from my mother-in-law's house.

Yes, I've come into this event tired, but I am looking forward to getting out tomorrow. I'm hoping for a gorgeous sunrise!

No comments: