Thursday, November 16, 2006

The Photo Contest

I've had the opportunity to photograph at the Bosque two different years now. While there are many opportunities for crane and snow goose shots, there are many other raptors, ducks songbirds on the refuge. The backdrop is the ponds, the beautiful New Mexico scenery and the crimson sunsets. I've been trying to get my work out in more places, so I submitted 9 photos.

During the Annual Friends Dinner, they announced the winners of the contest. I was overjoyed to have picked up a 2nd place and a 3rd place. I was also very well pleased with my prizes - a plamp and a Canon compact flash card holder (6 slots). When we actually went in to the display, I found that I had an honorable mention as well and that all of my photos had made the exhibit.

It is fun to watch people study your work. Some turned the photos over to see who the photographer was. There were some beautiful photos to enjoy. I was proud to be part of such a great display.

No comments: