Thursday, November 23, 2006

Coming Home

I had to hit the ground running this time. We got home on Monday evening and Thanksgiving was to be at my house on Thursday. My daughter, Debra, had put out my Thanksgiving decorations as a surprise for me. But there was still clutter that need to be dealt with for me to have full enjoyment of the day. Plus my kitchen table was filled with mail.

My goal was not to have a "perfect" house rather a "top cleaned" house. I did a general pickup in the two living areas. When I learned that my son, Thomas was indeed coming home for Thanksgiving, I quickly moved the mat cutter and matboards from that bedroom. And I did "quick cleans" in the bathrooms. As far as the piles of mail, I did a quick sort - magazines, Christmas catalogues and junk mail went into one box and the important stuff went into another box. I'll process mail after Thanksgiving.

And I chose to take short cuts for the cooking - I went to Great Harvest Bread for pumpkin bread, peach cobbler bread and dinner rolls. I bought a pre cooked smoked turkey. This was our son-in-law's first Thanksgiving and he likes pecan pie. So I made what I think is my first pecan pie.

But I tried to Keep it Simple, Make it Fun rather than stressing out.

No comments: