Thursday, October 07, 2010

Milwaukee

I wanted to stop in Milwaukee and capture something that would be representative, iconic.  I knew I didn't have much time. I found the lighthouse, but I also wanted a cityscape.  As we drove the lakeshore, I enjoyed the park with the lovely weeping willows. I saw a spot that might work with a reflection, but when I walked over with the camera, the angle didn't work. As sunset approached, I knew I needed to make a decision. The area near the Art Museum looked the most promising.  

While I tried many things, shooting multiple images to merge for a panorama, I ended up happiest with these two wide angle shots. 


I like to pick a spot and start near sunset and photograph for 30 or 45 minutes to get the changing colors from sunset, dusk, twilight and dark.






No comments: