Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Gros Morne National Park

August 20, 2009

We enterted Gros Morne National Park from the north. So our first views were of these spectacular mountains and beautiful glacier carved fjord at Western Pond.  Sadly, we arrived too late in the day to do the BonTour's Western Pond Boat Tour.  It is a 1.8 mile walk to get to the boats.  The tour lasts 2 hours and costs $52.00 for adults and $25.00 for kids.  It is on my to do list for the next time we make it to Newfoundland.  BonTours also has boat tours of Bonne Bay.


The scenic town of Rocky Harbor is the place to stay to enjoy Gros Marne - good hotels and restaurants as well as beautiful ocean views. Lobster Cove Head Lighthouse drew me because I love lighthouses.


The rocky beaches west of Rocky Harbor made a great sunset vantage point.


The next morning we headed south and drove through the mountains of Gros Morne.


We knew we hadn't given this park the time it deserved, but we got a wonderful taste of the beauty and wonder here.

1 comment:

Mary Ann Melton said...

Thanks, Laura! I have been lucky in getting to go and see new places. I wish the same for you. I appreciate your comments!