Tuesday, October 31, 2006

My bird feeders

While we were gone, I had my cylinder feeders out, but no one to fill the ground feeder and the loose seed hanging feeder. My son in law takes care of horse and dog, but I don't pester him about the bird feeders also. The cylinders last almost a month, so the birds don't totally forget me.

I left while dove hunting season was still going on. The birds are finding my feed again, the winter sparrows are returning, but I was not seeing doves.

While I really did not mind the dove hunting go on in my neighborhood, there was a lot more shooting this year. I had not seen them like I was before I left. And I was more attached to the doves this year, because I'd been watching them every morning. So I was really glad to see one of the doves show up at the feeder this morning. Hopefully, he'll tell his friends and I'll see more of them.

No comments: