Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Creative Photography

While I love to try to take beautiful, natural photos, I have been playing with some creative techniques.

This first photo is actually a multiple exposure. With Nikon cameras you can do this "in camera." With Canon, I took a series of about 10 photos, moving the camera up just a tiny bit for each shot. Then in photoshop, I add each one as a layer reducing the opacity to about 10%. I also added a solid color layer to provide a base.I played with the colors from yellows to greens to see what best brought out the colors in the photo. I could probably have done the same thing by making the bottom layer 100%.



The next photo is done with a technique where you set you shutter speed and take photos as you are moving along the road. Yes, you must have someone else driving!!!! We have not figured out the exact "perfect" speed and I use a range of shutter speeds. I end up with a lot of shots that need to go straight to the rubbish bin. But . . . I end up with some that I really like. We've been in a lot of forests this trip, so you can expect to see more of these artistic shots over the next week or so.

This one was taken in Michigan. The only thing I did to this was an adjustment to the color balance to bring out the fall colors better.



I suspect that some of you will love these. I'm sure there will be some who won't like them. But each one is unique and I've had a lot of fun playing with this technique and seeing what comes out.

No comments: