Monday, January 07, 2008

Morning on the Porch

The weather has been cold and I've been busy. Morning devotionals done in my formal living room work . . . but it is just not the same as sitting on the front porch watching for birds.

As is normal in Central Texas, it has warmed up again. My psyche needs to spend time outdoors in nature, especially during Central Texas January when the sky is gray with clouds and the sun has gone on vacation.

I was rewarded to day with a caracara sighting - such a different flight pattern from a turkey vulture or a northern harrier.

But the best of all was two eastern bluebirds around one of my bluebird houses! I mentally told them - yes . . . that would be a great place for you to choose for your home!

And one of the verses that happened across my radar today:
..but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow
weary, they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:31, New International Version

Yes . . . I've been encouraged today!

No comments: