Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Wedding Excitement

This is a fun part of life - getting ready for a wedding for such a happy young couple. If I am lucky, I just finished addressing invitations. The flowers are ordered, the cakes are taken care of, the guys have been measured for their tuxes, the bridesmaids have their dresses, I have my mother-of-the bride dress, the simple food has been ordered, the bubbles have been bought, the napkins are here, the table decorations are planned. . . . I'm still working on music. And I still need to finish the alterations on Debra's gown and one of the bridesmaid's dresses.

Debra wants me to go the the spa with her the day of the wedding - so . . . . . my plan is to have most of my preparations done by Wednesday. Leaving the major tasks Thursday - picking up the flowers and the food and decorating. For my own wedding, I had gotten everything either done or delegated - so my wedding day was pretty calm. Hope it works that way this time!

1 comment:

Chris said...

It must be an exciting time when your children get married. I am happy for you.