Friday, February 01, 2008

Memories

I'm trying to pull out old photos for a new vintage photo stock agency. This morning I pulled out a bunch of stuff out of my office closet. You should have seen me at one point - I had all these boxes and "stuff" barricading me into a small area by the closet. Some of that stuff really needs to go bye-bye rather than back into the closet.

While the photos I was looking for were not in the deep depths of that closet, something else I was hoping to find was - my mother's souvenirs from her Europe trip.

For the vintage photos I had her Europe photos and I knew I had other things, but since it had been 10 years, I did not remember what I had done with them. With the things I found this morning, I can go back and put together her itinerary and perhaps give more details about the photos that I'm planning to market.

All my life I had heard stories about mother's Europe trip. But I don't think I ever got to look at these memorabilia with her. I had also gone through some of the family photos so I would have some names to put with the faces, but not nearly enough.

As I upload these old family photos, I'm enjoying getting a glimpse into my family's history. I looked at these 10 years ago. I'm glad I have an excuse to look at them again.

No comments: