Sunday, January 25, 2009

"Rumors" of the End of the World

My son has been telling me about a scenario or prediction about 2012. It seems to be based on the fact that the Mayan calendar ends at 2012. The New York Post has an interesting article that goes into all of the theories. My son was telling me about an alignment of the planets, but I remember an alignment of the planets several years ago. This article talks about an alignment within the galaxy, a magnetic pole shift, Hopi writings, etc. The nice thing about the article is that it goes into scientific reasons why most of them are probably irrelevant.

For me, the Bible says there will always be rumors of many things, but only God knows the time and place. Just like the big hoop-ha over the possibility of Yellowstone erupting and causing global extinctions or the possibilities of a meteor strike, all things may be possible, but all things are not probable - certainly not in my short life span on this very ancient planet. I'll just keep on keeping on until my time on earth is over.

Thanks to Bill Crider for the link.

No comments: