Saturday, December 13, 2008

Namwianga's Children 2009 Calendar

When we visited Zambia last summer, I spent several days with orphaned toddlers at the Namwianga Mission near Kolomo. They were an amazing group of kids. Some were very independent, some were very clingy. Jason at two could already dribble a ball, he also appeared built like a football player. Cathy saw another little girl crying and brought her over to me.

When I was in California at a photography exhibit I talked with Karen Ande who had done a couple of calendars to benefit orphans in Kenya. I decided to create a calendar from the Namwianga children's photos to raise money for them.




You can see the year's photos here:



Each month has a scripture with God's words about children.

Cost is $15.00 plus $2.00 shipping and handling fee. All profits will go to benefit these precious children. To order:

1 comment:

Benjie said...

Mary Ann,

I'd like to post a link (with a copy of the calendar cover) on my blog, if I may, to spread the word about your fundraiser.

At the least, I'll post the link to your calendar page, but with the pic, you might get a buyer or two out of my three to five readers.

Benj.