Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Arrival in the "Valley"

Getting off is always a challenge. This time I decided to enter the Toronto International Salon of Photography. I got my photos printed and mounted last night. And, of course, I had one photo that did not mount well last night, so I ended up choosing another photo, printing and mounting it this morning. A trip by the polls and the post office and then it was time to go through the house and load up what we will need the next 2 weeks. First stop is the "Valley" - weather will be warm. Next stop is Bosque del Apache in New Mexico - weather will be COLD. So I needed to be sure that all my cold weather gear had made it to the RV. I knew that my hats (both kinds for warm and cold weather) were in the house - they did get loaded. All the hard drives and backup DVD's came along. I have submissions that I will be working on during the "off time" from the birding festivals. And I needed to double check to get everything out of the car (like the new alarm clock for the RV) and to make sure I had all the camera gear.

We finally got off around 2:30 and made it to our RV site by 9:15. My event tomorrow is the River Pontoon Boat trip and Quinta Mazatlan. I have not decided yet whether to take my 100-400 lens. I know I'll miss it, but I also want to concentrate on seeing the birds and taking photos of the events of the Birding Festival . . . . and travelling light does have its advantages . . . .

I have to be at the Municipal Auditorium by 6:00 in the morning. Time for bed!

No comments: