Thursday, August 20, 2015

Getting started at #Sasquan World Science Fiction Convention

Worldcons are big events with many things going on at the same time. I have found it best to plan out what I am most interested in and sometimes plan efficiency in which meeting rooms minimize walking.  The first thing I do is get the convention guide and start marking it up, highlighting topics and speakers I am interested in hearing. Frequently, there are multiple things at the same time.  Marking them with a highlighter makes it easier to find the things I most want to do quickly.


My first day I went to panels on Comfort Reading, Hard SF Movies: Rare but not extinct, and the Opening Ceremonies.  Opening Ceremonies got a late start and ended late so I missed the other panel I wanted to see:  Accounts from the history of the Spokane Tribe. 

It is good seeing so many ages here from small babies, elementary aged kids, college aged, right up to people in their 70's and 80's.  

No comments: