Thursday, April 15, 2010

Winecups

We spent last night in Leakey, Texas. We awakened to another cloudy, rainy day. We headed south toward Concan and a patch of wildlfowers on HWY 127 between Concan and Sabinal.

The highlight of the day was a beautiful large patch of wineups. So often I see one winecup mixed in with a bunch of bluebonnets or other wildflowers, but here it was solid and striking. In working the shot this evening, I found that Topaz BuzSim and Topaz sharpen helped me get the look I wanted for this shot.



I've tried many times to capture the details in a single winecup. Their stems are so flexible, the least bit of wind whips them around, so it always feels like you're trying to shoot a moving target. The fresh raindrops were a bonus on this attempt to capture these delicate wildflowers.

No comments: