Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Twittersheep

Henry came in and pointed me to another Twitter related website: Twittersheep. I entered my Twitter name and this is what showed up:



In a way I certainly can't explain or perhaps even understand, Twittersheep analyzes your tweets and comes up with keywords that are repeating themes in your tweets.

Hum . . . this is interesting on several counts.

1. If this is what a computer visualizes as to what "Mary Ann" is all about, then what do my followers who don't know me think about who is Mary Ann Melton?

2. Are the facets of "me" that are showing up in Twittersheep as large words the things that I think are most important.

While I suspect I don't want to deliberately change my Tweets artificially to bring out certain kinds of words on Tiwttersheep, I do think this is an interesting litmus test as to whether I'm tweeting about the things most important to me.

By the way, you can enter any Twitter account and see the analysis on Twitersheep.

No comments: