Sunday, July 29, 2007

Prayer Requests

As one marches through life's journey through time, the road leads us many places. We can't stop the march, we pass minute to minute, day to day, month to month, and year to year. While my memory of where I put something in the last day or two may be quite unreliable, I have many childhood memories. It is hard for me to realize that those memories are of life in the 1950's.
I'm the same person, I still look at the world through the same eyes, I still enjoy many of the same things. I still have a sense of adventure - wanting to see new things, meet new people, go new places. But . . . reality . . . I AM getting older. I don't move as fast, I get tired easily, my knees periodically protest my activities.

But as I go along with this journey through time, I've watched good things, bad things, sad things, happy things - life is a mix of sweet, sour, salty, bitter events going on around us.

RIght now, I've got several friends and family who are going through rough patches in time - cancer, hospital stays, respiratory or cardiac issues, early Alzenheimers, difficulties with grown children, money problems and just the routine issues of getting old.

Two close friends are in the hospital today, another close friend lost her uncle last night after losing her mom a couple of months ago, two other friends have recently been diagnosed with cancer, . . .

We're scheduled to leave town in the morning. I won't be here to give moral support up close and personal to the friends in the hospitals and their families. This grieves me a little. But I have called and emailed others who would want to know, and I have included requests for their prayers. I will try to keep up with how both of these friends are doing. I am grateful for how easy it is to get in touch with people with cell phones no matter where we are traveling in the States.

I am so glad that God, our Father, cares for us. I am so glad we can go before Him and bring Him our concerns, our worry, our anxiety, and our fears. I know that in his own amazing way, each one of these people will feel His presence in their lives.

I suspect that many of you have things going on in your life, or in the lives of your friends and family. So . . . as you finish reading this blog, send up a request to God to be active in all the lives represented by the readers here. Know that as you are praying for people here, others are praying for you and your difficulties, illnesses, and life challenges.

When you finish, remember Phillipians 4 Rejoice in the Lord aways, I will say it again, Rejoice! . . . Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. . . And the God of peace will be with you.

I am praying in special ways for my friends tonight - and I'm praying for you that this Phillipians scripture will come alive for you when you read it today, and that God will meet your special needs in a very special way.

Peace!

No comments: