Sunday, September 24, 2006

Eastern Amberwing

Sometimes you get immediate feedback from a blog entry. This afternoon after we got home from church, Henry called out to me, "hey dragonfly person . . . . " On the path from the backdoor to the RV was an Eastern Amberwing. He had recognized it from yesterday's blog entry. Since it is really the only dragonfly with that size and color, I was pretty sure he was right, but I got down close and personal, made sure the body and wing markings were right. Yup, Eastern Amberwing - in MY backyard.

Because of the pond, I see dragonflies all the time, I just have not had time to go back there and identify the ones we have. But it was a lot of fun to see the little amberwing perching on the grass stems this afternoon.

Unfortunately, this afternoon has to be devoted to mundane paperwork - no more dragonflies for me . . . . sigh.

2 comments:

Henry Melton said...

That was "Hey, Dragonfly-lady!" It was a pun.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so you now have a new title. Great.
And "blue-hair" has real meaning in the dragonfly world.
Amazing what can be learned just checking in on friends.
Oh yeah, while you are in New York check out Pomme Frittes for me will you? Pomme frittes is ALL you can get there but I am told they are outstanding.
Bettye